Sunday, May 17, 2009

War of the Fleas

I admit it. My house is infested with fleas.

Never in all my life have I seen this many fleas on a creature - much less my house. I have had fleas in the carpet before. Dilengently spraying and vacuuming over a couple weeks period, I got them under control. I have never had fleas in my bed before. They are in my towels, in my bathrooms, in my bathtub, in my carpet, in my scraproom, in my closets, in my curtains. They are hopping on the walls, Are you itching yet? NEVER have I seen this type of infestation in a home. Yes, I am embarrassed to tell you this; but I need help.

I bought 6 cans of foggers on day 2 here. I fogged on day 3. I bought carpet powder and vacuumed the same day. I washed all my sheets and bedding. I have put granuals down outside. It must have worked right?

NOT! I am starting the entire process again today. So far, I spent $132.00 again today on flea crud. I found the bed full of fleas - again. Washing linens again. Fogging again. Carpet powder is down. Starting fogger and going outside to regranulate the yard. I get to stay out of my house again for half a day. yay. I am sick, I want rest. I have no tv, my car doesn't work well and I have fleas. Am I a happy camper? Wanna come visit?
I have one little cat. I used Frontline on her. She hissed, scratched, snarled and bit me - then ran away from home. She almost liked me again.
My freaking neighbor has 6 dogs. I wonder where the fleas are coming from? If my house lookslike this - what the heck does HER houses look like? They are inside dogs who come out a dozen times a day to snarl at me. Do you know what 6 snauzers sound like? Do you know how many FLEAS they can feed?

Do they have flea farms? Heck, I can make some real money! I might even be able to recoup what I put out :-(

What can I do? I have no idea how to get this under control without going into the poor house. How about chickens - maybe I should just get a dozen chickens and unleash half in my house and the other half outside. I know they love fleas. Can you imagine me having chickens AND fleas?

I left home today to go get flea stuff. I got to the car and sprayed my legs to get the fleas off. When I got home, I got out of the car and you guessed it - sprayed my legs to get in my house; but it didn't mattter, when I came inside, I needed to spray again.

Off to start the task of once again trying to rid my place of fleas. I need sleep. I close my eyes and fleas hop on me. If they aren't there (trust me, they are) I would imagine them being there. As I write this - I look down at my legs and they are peppered. I look like a dalmation. Heck, I NEED a dalmation, then maybe I would not see them.

HELP! If you don't hear from me, my blood has been sucked away and I am lifeless somewhere around my house. Don't look for me over the next 6 hours though - I have to once again find a place to go while the magic spray/dust/granuals/mist do the work. Then I get to start the laundry process again. And the vacuuming.

Later gator. Hey, do THEY eat fleas?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That sucks. What a nightmare. Sorry, Sis!

Anonymous said...

Something was biting me all night last night and I am all the way over here in Singapore! Of course there is nothing in the bed to be biting me, so it has to be in my head.
Is it possible to have "sympathy" bites?

Wish I were there to help.
Love
Steve

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, Euvah that is awful!
You might be better off calling an exterminator. Get on a plan, and they will come as often as you need them too. They will also spray your yard. A friend of ours has had flea issues similar to yours and when the exterminator would come over he'd douse the fence line where her neighbors had a ton of dogs. They don't have a problem now. Good luck! totally sucks that you have to be putting up with that crap when you should be resting and enjoying your family!! Take Care (or at least try!)
Melissa D.

Cajunrose said...

I'm sending my best guy to you tomorrow morning (my neighbor exterminator..lol) I hope Jude can help you!