Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts for today...

What is going on with blogger? I cannot get the underline to go away :-(

Oh, never mind, Leone showed me how to fix it - YAY! Thanks!

I am off to finish packing to go to the states. The trip is so long - 24 hours flying - but I have to make myself look ahead at the wonderful time I will have with everyone. I have mixed feelings about going home, of course, as I do every time. It is a very difficult transition to make; from here to home life and back to Singapore life. Every expat I know says the same thing no matter which country they are from. It is mentally a huge adjustment going both ways, and of course there is the time differences. I am sure once I get there I will be fine. I don't look forward to traveling without Steve, but there are so many things I have to do when I get home it didn't make sense to go home at the same time. I can knock some of them out while he is tying up lose ends here.


Leone and I got together today and played with the cameras - oh how fun to have someone to share my excitement with! I cannot wait until we can learn about them together when I get back. One thing I promised (Steve, close your eyes) is that I will get a macro to play with in the next month. I am sure Samuel will sell it to me, but we shall see... lol... I need one so I can help Leone learn - haha! I am sure she is way ahead of me on the macro part. I am super excited about having a partner in crime.

Just as I close the blog for my trip, I found a few pictures of signs I have seen lately - I thought I would share them:



HUH?




Love this one:




Won't see THIS one at home:




Some just remind me of my childhood friend in the states. Makes me wonder where this name comes from...



Oh the fun of living abroad - wording and life is so much different. I love the experiences I am getting - it keeps me on my toes looking for more to share with you.

We are taking Stanley Flat out to eat tonight... wonder where we will go? I know he likes Mexican... like someone else I know of... SHARI!




I would like to leave you with a picture my sister, Liz, took of an iris in her front yard. Isn't it amazing? I love iris - they are my all time favorite flower. I can just imagine its beautiful scent from this picture. Thank you sis for sharing it.



Have a great few days - I'll be back as soon as my head quits swimming after the flight. I won't be home until Wednesday night states time.

3 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

The Iris is indeed quite beautiful .... especially with the water droplets!

Travel safe and yes, we will get up to mischief on your return. :-)

surprisetriplets said...

I'm going to miss chatting with you, but so look forward to you being on our side of the world. Have a safe trip and I'll chat with you on "the other side" of the world!

Pam said...

Have a wonderful trip!!