Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Patung Satria Gatotkaca

I am finally climbing out of this fog and realized it is less than a week before I go back to the states! I have a long way to go before they let me on that plane, but I am confident I will get there. A 24 hour face mask does not sound like much fun.

The silly pictures need editing, but, most of them are ok without doing much. There are a few that are just dancing on my last nerve. However, I am still sharing them as I don't have the time or care to fix them right now. I think you can still enjoy them and I can edit them later :-)

This was a statue in Bali. Gatotkaca is famous shadow puppet character from a story that has superpower and be able to fly in the sky.

There is no way to show its majesty in my pictures, but you can see how beautiful it is.


















It was truly an amazing sight to see - it took up nearly an entire block... Well, ok, maybe not a block, but it is huge and impressive.

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

You need to run those statue ones with the sky in the background through that program you just bought...I'll bet it would be beautiful!!!

Glad you are on the mend. We can't wait to see you!

Leone Fabre said...

fabulous images ...... so much to see and photograph in this part of the world!

Have a safe trip home and lets hope this H1N1 flu (Swine flu) is finished with soon.... all of Johns work colleagues returning from Kansas, Texas and Austin are all being quarantined for one week.

Coming back from Indonesia at the weekend we had go go thru the "heat sensors" and all the schools here are having daily thermal checks and disinfecting of school equipment every two hours.

Thats only some of it, Singapore is well up on this sort of 'scare' and so can deal with it immediately.