Saturday, April 4, 2009

Singapore Night Safari

We went to the Singapore Night Safari last night. The Singapore is the most amazing zoo I have ever been to - then to add the adventure of a night safari, well, it just makes it more exciting than ever!




It is touted to be the World's Greatest Night Safari - and I would not doubt one bit that it is indeed the best.




When we arrived, this was one of the first things I saw; I immediately decided I need one in my garden at home - in my very distant, not next to my swing garden. Wouldn't the grand kids love it?




Some little ones were watching in awe of the sounds coming from that little corner of the world:




We first stopped off at the Ulu Ulu Village to eat:




I watched the chefs deep in thought as they cooked:




One of my favorite things about Singapore is that there is always ample fresh fruit and veggies to eat while out; unlike America, here we have healthy choices everywhere we look:




For some reason, while waiting on our food, this caught my attention. It was pleasing to my eyes:




Or was it this that was pleasing to my eyes?



It was the liquor, I am sure of it.

These young lads picked a willing soul from the audience and had a great time with him. He was such a good sport.





He didn't end up looking like this - I think it is best left to the professionals! Since he didn't end up being a crispy critter - I think the show was amazing!




My only shot that came out of the bats was a wing - all I can say is wow! Isn't he AWESOME? The bats were flying all around us in the bat cage; small ones and large ones - it was the coolest thing ever! I love these not so little creatures of the night :-)




I am not great with my photography by any means, but I will learn. Sheer frustration keeps me trying - and my determination will reap rewards. Eventually. Until then, I will be happy with the memories and the few 'dumb luck' photography shots that I actually get.

We were going to Mt Fabre and Henderson Wave today, but I woke up not feeling well. I could not put my finger on it, but finally thought to take my blood pressure. It was 117/58! Duh, maybe that was why I felt like a limp noodle. It was a sign - it started pouring anyway so it is just as well. I will not take blood pressure meds tonight, and tomorrow I will be right back to normal. Today we are grocery shopping online. Fun. It is not as easy as it sounds...

Real fun.

NOT!

2 comments:

Kim's Life said...

Hang in there!!! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Leone Fabre said...

You really do make the effort to get out and see what Singapore has to offer!

Good on you.

Am glad you enjoyed the Night Safari, and hope you feel better today