Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Indonesia, Here We Come!

I am happy to report that with the new antibiotics I am feeling much better :-) With my new Drs blessing, I am also happy to say we did confirm our reservations and will be heading out tomorrow evening to go to Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia!!

We will be flying in late, visit three full days, then fly out on Tuesday of next week. It will be a quick, long weekend trip; complete with a volcano and village tours. We are both looking forward to it :-) To be honest, I was afraid to get my hopes up of going because I was not feeling well and was afraid the Dr would axe it. He didn't though. Yippee!


We also got an invitation yesterday to go to Batam, Indonesia, the weekend after we return for a day trip. Batam is only 45 minutes away by ferry, so we talked it over last night and decided it would be a great day trip :-) Wow, Indonesia twice in a week! Won't that be fun? I am going to spend my time today getting things together and finally allow myself to get excited. I am notorious for waiting and making sure things work out before I get my hopes up or spill the beans on a trip. It is funny, my dad used to tell us we were going to the ends of the earth and drop a bombshell at the last minute. We never went anywhere wonderful, even though he planned the trips and got us all excited about them. I think my lack of excitement actually goes right back to that - isn't that silly? Steve and I have had so many dream vacations, it seems like I would realize - "it is really going to happen! Get excited!"

We have the condo people coming in to do some work this afternoon. I am going to start packing. If you would like to learn more about where we are going, just google Bali and Batam. Lots of fun stuff to read up on :-)

Off to dream, pack and relax :-)

Anticipation...

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

I am so jealous! Who knew my sister (who has spent the last million years in southern LA) would be the world traveler of our family???

I hope you have a great time and get lots of pictures to show off. Stay well!!! We love and miss you lots.