Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Love Art

I love art of all kinds. Most of the time I can see the vision the artist is going for. Sometimes, of course, it is more difficult. Singapore and Korea are both full of art; statues, fountains, paintings, buildings and parks are beautiful in both.

I will share some of the art that we came across while in Korea over the next few days.
Part of the charm of both places are the art along the side of the common highways, roads and beaches:




In the pa
rks, there are beautiful pieces of art to walk around and browse through. This one reminded me that humans and nature are a fragile balance in the world:




This is
one I looked at for a good while, it has the image of a man with a woman in his shadow:




Anoth
er one that caught my eye was this unusual piece of art; on the outside was the face, and when I looked at the inside, there was another face. All four ends had the same faces, with the same interior faces.




I l
ove this one - with an Indian heritage, it reminded me of home even though I was in Korea:




Art reflects many parts of our lives; sometimes a clear reflection, and sometimes it reflects shattered or confusing parts of our lives:




It can remind us of battles, struggles and pain others have gone through:




We see tattered remains left after wars:




And it can remind us of the great times in our lives:





Sometimes art is as simple as a picture saying a thousand words:




Sometimes it is contemplation of where we are headed:




Sometimes the art is natural, others it is man made, and often it is a mixture of both:




Art is a thought process - in me it works wonderfully. This was one of my favorite pieces:




Art reminds me to stop and think for a moment about life - a precious balance in God's world.


1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

Wow! Cool pictures. I'll have to slow down and take more pictures of the art I see everyday. Love you, Shari