Friday, April 3, 2009

THE 'Dragon'. Finally.

Of course, I only had my point and shoot, but I got a picture of THE dragon I have sought from day 1. This is the not-so-little guy I saw when I first got here. He is in the same place, sunning on the new concrete blocks they have added - which I am sure kept him in hiding temporarily. Enlarge the crummy pictures and look at his claws! Yikes! Now compare him to his surroundings. He is not an itsy, bitsy, cutesy lizard either! And he is not an agliator or cropadile as my son used to say.

So now I can rest - I finally know I was not seeing a 'dragon' - I was indeed seeing a water monitor. Now we can just admire each other from a distance - because they run really FAST! I have seen him run - and I cannot outrun him. Thankfully, he was heading for the water. If he was headed to me, I would have been dragon food... lol...





The end of this search ;-) Aren't you relieved? Finally, the search is over. Nice to know what swims in our waters, isn't it?

1 comment:

Pam said...

noooooo!!! I'm not happy he is swimming in the waters I sometimes dip my toesies into....noooooo!!!
Glad you found him though, I know you like him! =)