Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is Going on Here?! Is it Fall??

So what is the deal? We are going to Korea and it is fall here? I walk out on our patio and see this:




I will now wait on the cold weather – I *know* it is coming – it HAS to be – it looks like fall, right?



While waiting... I pulled out my stockpile of information and money for Korea today:




We are RICH! 121,000 won already – and that is not even counting the change! Whoooo hoooo!

*dancing again*
*runs to currency calculator*

... ok, so maybe we aren’t so rich. I just used the currency converter:

121,000 won = $78.29 US dollars
121,000 won = S$ 121.25 Sing dollars

Hmmm… does anyone have some won we can use? Notice borrow is not in this statement ;-)

Maybe we will just buy some coffee and tea. Suppose we can buy sandwiches, too? Or maybe rotten cabbage? What is that called? KimShe? KimHe? Kimsomeone? … wait… I might have just discovered that person…

Off to look some things up on the net. If you know anyone in Okpo, can you send them my way? I am bracing for this experience. Ok, really I am ‘em’bracing this experience.

2 comments:

surprisetriplets said...

Make sure you pick up at least one of those wonderful mink blankets. We still have ours out in our living room (oops, I guess we call it the PARLOUR!). It's John's favorite and his relatives fight him for it when they visit. It's very soft and thick and has a black layer on one side and a green layer on the other, but they come in many different colors. I'll take a picture of it and send it to you. Love you lots, Me

Kim's Life said...

ummmm kimchi!!!! You'll be safe with Bulkgogi, and Pulkgogi (marinated Beef and marinated Pork)! Have fun!