Thursday, March 19, 2009

Geoje Natural Art Land

WARNING: THIS POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME. If you find body parts offensive - back away now! Please move your coffee, cokes and anything liquid away from your computer ;-)

We have been having a blast on the island. I am not taking much time to blog – I have lots of time once I get back to Singapore. Bear with me, please?

One of the places we went to on our tour with our taxi driver was Geoje Natural Art Land. It is art made with natural resources and it was quite interesting to walk through. I must say that people come up with some odd things when it comes to art. If you are easily offended by body parts, don’t go any further. I will leave it at that. Here are the pictures:








It gets better. Or worse? More interesting for sure ;-)



An entire garden of… well, you know.

And that is all I have to say about that.



I did find this interesting, but I had taken too long browsing - and Steve was trying to rush me. It started with the previous rock garden I think, so I had to just breeze right through this:






That is the end of the rock garden. It was... fun. We have a new understanding for rock art now and I have lots of new ideas for our rock garden at home :-) If you want to know more, google pe#!s Park in Korea. There is a sinnom legend that will explain this art.

I am going to share more as I can; I am off to bed for an early day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ms Lynne said...

Hahahahaha! Art's beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Leone Fabre said...

Ms Lynne says it all.

But I can see that "rock art" comes in all shapes and sizes too....

All this culture is good for your extended education, you know this don't you?