Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 2 in Korea





Day 2 started rather dismal with heavy rain and winds. Looking outside the window, I realize it will be a good day to rest to try to get my sinus and asthma issues under control. Steve and I went down for breakfast, and he left for the ship yard for the day.

I will hang out at the hotel room unless an e-mail comes from someone I met online - maybe then I will make plans. If not, resting will be good :-)

The birds are outside the window chattering, and I watch this nest from the window to see who might emerge when the rains to away...






*** Edited to add: Steve called and asked if I had made plans yet. I hadn’t, so he let me know they were on the way to pick me up for lunch. Of course, I did not have my good camera with me - but I did the best I could.

Jim knew of this awesome little (did I say LITTLE?) pizza place to take us:




If you are in Okpo, and have not found this place, I highly recommend you find it and eat there. The food is amazing. Apparently, the owners went to Italy and learned firsthand how to make wood fired pizza – there are pictures of them doing so. It is a wonderful place to eat.


Coca Cola’s – remember these?



After eating, Jim took us on a mini tour of a small area of the island. We saw a delivery motorcycle:



Complete with winter gloved handles.

We saw Bonsai trees growing on roof tops:





We also went to a Korean War Memorial:





Isn’t it beautiful?



The island coastline is breathtaking – I cannot wait to explore it some more:




Thank goodness, the International Penguin Swimming Club activities will not be during our visit here. I cannot even imagine how cold this water is. Regretfully, we will not be able to participate as our schedule will not allow us to be here during the festival.

Oh.

Darn.






These guys are a symbol of Geoje Island. They are always having a good time – and so are we. Kim called me today and we will be off and playing tomorrow. Steve is going offshore for several days to celebrate OUR ANNIVERSARY, so if you BIRTHDAY people are home, you might luck out – I just might call if I am not too busy celebrating our anniversary. Alone. Lol…

I think he plans this, don’t you?




This is not us - he will be offshore, but they are smiling so I am sending them your way.

No comments: