Monday, February 9, 2009

We Found A Taste Of Louisiana In Singapore!



During our excursion to the flyer on Sunday, we found a Popeye's Fried Chicken! We decided to give it a try - fully expecting it not to taste like Popeye's Fried Chicken at all. So far, every American fast food place has the right sign's and look - but entirely the wrong taste.


When we ordered, I wanted one of everything; the 'tators and gravy, the red beans and rice and the cole slaw. When I ordered the red beans and rice - the man taking my order told me they did not have them. I put my fist down on the counter and jokingly said "I am from LOUISIANA, I NEED red beans!" - then started laughing. He had a big smile on his face - apparently he had others say the same. The 'dirty rice' is not sold here. I am thinking the Asian's might not like the sound of 'dirty rice'.


When we gave our meal a try - it tasted very much - like Popeye's!! The chicken was a bit greasy, but otherwise it was finger lickin' good
:-)


It was a 'bonafide, authentic and true' Popeye's Fried Chicken meal. Al Copeland? The recipe is still yummy - even in Singapore. Sure wish you were still around so I could tell you so :-)


There is something funny about not seeing Cajun's ordering though ;-) but I am glad we can share our yummy food half way around the world.


So we had 'a taste of home' in Singapore.
Gotta Love That Chicken From Popeye's!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you fly in and out on your travels you can find a Popeye's at the airport as well. Enjoy! Sarah

Jamie Heyl said...

My MIL will be so jealous ... she is dying to get a Popeye's in Charlotte and you guys have one all the way in Singapore! LOL

cajunsis said...

Ok, Jamie, I looked it up - it is 3 hours and 1 minute to Fayetteville where they have a Popeye's and she can make it for lunch. Tell her to HURRY! roflmao!

Rycon Payne said...

We had Popeye's in Japan on base. No matter where I ate, I always got my Sweet Tea from Popeye's. When I needed a taste of home, I went and got Red Beans and Rice :) Glad you found something you can eat and be totally happy and know what to expect all the way in Singapore.

Jamie Heyl said...

LOL I'll be sure to let her know, though she makes sure to get her fill every 2 months when she comes to visit :-)