Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why Do We Go Home?



For Papa to BBQ for pR of course. He makes his own BBQ sauce and she LOVES his bbq! She devoured two of his burgers the night before. The picture tells it all :-)

Where did the week go? Oh, yeah, that is right we lost two days coming over here. Oh well, that gives us the weekend to get reoriented to the orient. And shop.

I am all better today - I think I might even survive! Man, that trip is miserable! How did Steve do it all these years? I just THOUGHT I wanted to be a world traveler. I bet he is laughing his last off right about now - 3 trips and I am soooo done. Maybe we should make it in hops - you know like go to Jeremy's one time for a week, then on to Sing and the next time go to Shari's for a week, then on to Sing, and heck while we are at it, I say to go Aunt Jacque's for a week and then head on to Sing? We could even do it both ways! Now even that sounds tiring.

I am stiff, you know, from being curled up in cattle class for 25 hours? No stretchy legs. In fact on the first plane I was in the middle of 5 seats - the hubby on my left was ok; but the girl on the other side thought my shoulder was ok to lay her pillow, placed her knees were on the chair in front of her - with her feet on the passenger on the other side of her. Some people! I even acted like it was invading my space and how dare me to do so! If I would have had enough room, I felt like drop kicking her to the isle - but I didn't have enough room to read a book, much less what I really wanted to do.

Oh and again American Airlines is on my 'it' list. Above 50 lbs per bag and you are fined. 50 lbs is one of my legs! One was more than that - we had to pay $100. The other three coincidently weighed in at 49.5 - isn't that odd? Not even an ounce difference... Then there was the snipey little witch who told us our carry on would not fit and smugly snapped a little orange tag on the computer bag. My computer would have to go in the hole - NOT! Steve tried to reason with the unreasonable female (it was NOT that big!) and she asked him what he was going to do with it - a tone that definitely told him what she WANTED him to do with it. He finally tossed my computer in his computer bag.

She was all smug when we took it down and placed it at the end of the tunnel for them to take below. She followed a couple of kids down making a big production of how their bag would not fit and I finally said, "Ya know, I bet it would fit right under the seat, why don't you try that?" There was a 3 foot long hole there, with no dividers, about 18 inches deep and 12 inches high. "The plane is half full; SURELY there is some place..."

Amazingly enough, she DID find a place, then went and grabbed the largest bag she could find to bring back to seat #6 (us) and we told her it wasn't ours - and don't bother. Her smugness had dissipated when she realized what an ass she had been and the plane was half empty - plenty of room for all of the luggage! Oh well, we are back safely, and that is what counts. There is a reason we fly Continental. ANA was good too - Pleasant comfortable ride. And they have cool little camera's on the bottom of the plane that show the take-offs and landings. Neat little extra!

Off to shower and get a good brisk walk in - got to get this body moving again!

No comments: