Saturday, January 3, 2009

Flying High

Now that I have a minute (and only a minute) I wanted to share some of the things we did while we were away.

I want to take time with the first one, so this blog will be about Rod and flying..



Rod, my step-father-in-law (if you can consider him step anything - hasn't he always been here?) has several planes. The weather was beautiful the first couple of days we were there, so we took advantage of it and went flying with Rod.

Raelee was super excited when she found out she could fly with her papa Rod. She told us to "HURRY, we were going to miss the flight!" Man this kid has flown WAY too much. Little did she know her papa Rod was the pilot and would wait on her. When we explained it, you could see her little gears turning... papa Rod an airplane pilot??




She was only in the plane a few minutes before the drone of the engine lulled her to sleep... lol... even papa Rod couldn't keep her awake by being her very own pilot.









I always love it when we fly in the smaller planes; usually we see deer, wild turkey, and wild hogs - and of course we check out all his land and homesteads while we are up. The entire family lives nearby and when he flies over, it is fun to see the family come out and wave.






Steph and the crew went up first with Raelee, then they came back and we swapped out and I went up with them. I was so afraid the weather was going to turn bad on us that I wanted them to hurry and go first. Weather in Oklahoma changes in an instant, and they had never been up with Rod. I have been with him before and I didn't want them to miss the chance. It did stay nice so I got to fly as well. I hope they had as great of a time as I always do.



Thanks Rod for the adventures - and for the wonderful man you are. We love you!



No comments: