Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Home Again :-)



Haha! I bet that woke you up! Naw these are not our gators, but it reminds me of home, so I thought I would share the pictures. These little guys were at the zoo - not in our backyard. However, we do have them right here and see gators often - so I thought I would share a bit of home with you.

We did make it home again - it sure is nice to sleep in our very own bed. Coming in to our house at occasional intervals is getting more and more difficult each time. We both miss it (and our 'stuff') very much.

American Airlines won me over again. Both flights we were on were good - neither were they last few disasters I have been on. They are back on my list of airlines to use, though I still prefer Continental. There are perks to being Gold and Platinum members. However, I have no complaints about these American Airlines flights - they got us home quite comfortably and safely. Still wondering why I have to go through Chicago to get back to Singapore next time... lol...

We also had the opportunity to fly ANA Airlines from Singapore to Japan and will reverse that on the return flight - I was very impressed with them! We were both leery of the 'new to us' airlines, but we pleasantly surprised. I am so glad my luck in flights is turning around. Maybe it is my hubby that is my good luck charm ;-)

It took me a couple of days to get back on my computer - but thankfully that handsome young man in California came through for me. I was in tears when I finally decided to call him - tired of fighting it, sick from exhaustion, frustration and pain. That nasty diverticulitis is trying to come back - I HATE it! I had been messing with the computer for hours, trying to handle it on my own. I finally gave up and called and left a message of distress for him. He had me online within 10 minutes of getting my message.

Once he recieved the message, he called, heard me crying and told me to hardwire my laptop to my home computer and walk away. I did - and came back a couple of minutes later to a note on it that said "now remove the hard line and see if you stay online". It worked! When I called him to thank him, he just said, "I love you mom; you know I can help. Call me instead of getting so upset." It is so wonderful to have him just a phone call away when I have computer problems. Gotta love remote access...

Speaking of wonderful - our daughter is right up there on that list. She comes at all hours to pick us up at the airport, puts food in the crock pot so we don't have to leave once we walk out into our house, helps me with my camera frustrations and brings our sweet pR to get us at the airport. pR was all smiles when we got in. What more could we ask for? We have two very wonderful children - and three very special grandchildren.


We came home to a house stocked with enough groceries to get us through until we felt like shopping - and that is thanks to friends watching our house. We are blessed. Thank you everyone so much for being here for us when we can't be; shopping, helping with computer issues and cooking. We love you and miss you when we are away. Now if I could just figure out how to have you in Singapore... lol... you know, have our cake and eat it too?

I'd like to ask for a few prayers - a very good friend of ours lost her mother-in-law in a sudden heart attack while we were in flight and another friend had a massive heart attack this morning. Please keep them and their families in your thoughts and prayers. And lastly, that nasty diverticulitis I keep fighting... I would love for it to just not give me grief any more.

Off to rest and try to get on my feet again :-)

No comments: