Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Candy




There is always a sense of satisfaction in a job well done. Steve and I have made candy for friends and neighbors for years. Today, with Liz's help, we made our Peanut Brittle and Christmas Confetti Candy. They both came out perfectly this year. It is nice doing our traditional candy; better yet, doing it together.

We missed making our gifts one year. The next year, while delivering the candy, everyone told us that they missed the annual gift theyear before. One said she particularly missed the white candy. I wondered why she just never asked for the recipe... lol…


Today is Todd’s birthday – I hope he had a wonderful day. We enjoyed going over and sharing time with him and the family while he opened gifts. Raelee and Ruth made a perfect chocolate cake too – I wish I had taken a picture of the Happy Birthday wrapped around the cake. It was too cute. Raelee ran out of room so she just kept on going with the “thday” backwards.

I think we have a few more things to make tomorrow. We also have a few more gifts to buy. My car is sick (surprise, surprise) after being parked for so long. I am not sure how we will work it out, but hopefully we can figure out how to both get our shopping done and keep our secrets.

I will take pictures of our annual Christmas plate when we get them ready. I wish I could give everyone a plate, but maybe the pictures will suffice. I think I am doing pretty well with my new camera! Night :-)

No comments: