Thursday, November 20, 2008

Parkview Square Building

This is Steve's favorite building on the island so far. We both love the majesty and beauty of it. While we were doing our walking tour, we decided since we could see it, we would walk to it. It is beautiful - standing under it is as beautiful as we thought. We were able to take a few pictures of the detail that was put into this modern building.

I love the men at the top of it holding balls. Reading this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkview_Square I see there are specially handcrafted gargoils at the top of it somewhere, but I do not see them. I took these pictures with my point and shoot so the detail is not picked up well. The color is actually a rosy bronze tone - more like the third picture.




We can actually see this building from our condo. It is part of our skyline. I am so glad we have this view of the city - far away from the bustling of the city and crowds, but close enough to enjoy the view. As I look out our window, I realize how blessed we are to experience this life - even though it is far, far away from our 'normal'.

Today I am off to Holland Village and China Town to shop for our Hawaiian Luau tonight on East Coast Parkway. Sounds funny, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a wine bar inside the atrium called Divine Society.

the (glass) cellars are stacked 10 storeys high and an acrobatic waitress will "fly" up to retrieve your requested vintage.

Anonymous said...

This is also my favorite building on the island. I want to live here. I saw it when I first visited and it is still my fave. S

Cajunrose said...

Beautiful building!!! You should go have a glass of wine at the wine bar..that would be awesome!