Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween :-)

HI TOKYO!

I keep seeing you come back to this link and wonder if you have my blog bookmarked incorrectly. The link is actually: http://cajunsis.blogspot.com/ I KNOW the Halloween blog is not that good, so I am guessing you keep checking for updates - man have you missed some blogs if that is so :-( Glad to see you again though!

Friday has come and gone. This week has FLEW by!

I had a cute blue eyed blonde wake me this morning and say, "Granny! It is Halloween, we have to get up and have a fun day!" How can you resist that? We got up, checked out Webkins, ate some candy for breakfast, and then some chips for lunch. Wonder what we will have tomorrow? Granny and papa only have 2 more days with her before we leave on our journey back to Singapore.

Steph took Raelee home to carve a pumpkin and they did a great job:


It glowed wonderfully at night:


Steph's neighbor set up his haunted house:
He is the tall green handsome man... lol...
We were really thankful he did this. It is a sign of healing for him. Years ago, he found his neighbor's 3 year old son dead in their swimming pool and he had not done this since then. I have no idea what the connection was, but we know he is finally able to have fun with kids again.

His Haunted House draws a lot of people:


I was able to enjoy some cans we made years ago. Steph had them at her house and put them out. I had forgotten about them. Silly memories...


Steph and Raelee went to a party, then out in the neighborhood with friends. Steph did a wonderful job cooking chili & dressing herself and Raelee:

I actually missed being a part of the fun. When your kids grow up, you look back and surround yourself in the memories. I loved doing fun things with the kids...

We brought Raelee home and did our traditional manicure "things girl's do, papa!", then had the tradional pillow fight over papa's pillow. She is finally tucked snuggled into papa's pillow on his side of the bed. Soon, we will move her to the sofa to sleep and we will go rest as well. She looks so peaceful while she is recharging ;-)

Sadly I found out Ann's 20 year old nephew was killed in an automobile accident earlier this week. He was heavily involved in the youth group at the church, sports with kids as a coach and will be greatly missed. Hundreds of people attended the wake and funeral. 2 priests and 1 Bishop came to do the service, one of the priests shed tears and draped his cloak over the coffin. It sounds like this young man made a huge imact on a lot of people. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers...

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

I'm so glad you had a great Halloween and so sad that you have to leave so soon. I wish I could be there to spend time with you! Have a wonderful weekend! I love Raelee and Steph's costumes! Love,Shari