Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Shopping in Singapore

Shopping in Singapore for Christmas is definitely something I don’t want to do. Shopping is not my favorite thing anyway, but in Singapore it is definitely at the bottom of our list.

This weekend we decided to take Part 1 of the Civil District Trail and in doing so, we needed to eat and after we needed to get a few groceries while we were out. Believe me, we did not need to do that as bad as we thought. At the end of the trail, we were near SunTec City, and knew there would be a grocery store there. We went. Oh my, never again, will I be so naïve to think we can run in and get 4 things and run out. We found the best department store yet – but it is soooo crowded! Maybe in part because it is a weekend, but I think even on normal days it would be crowded even. It was INSANE. It has a huge selection and prices are great as far as Singapore goes. Is it worth the effort? That one is still up for debate.



On the way to our tour, we get to look at the advertising in the taxi:
Most taxi's have this here. We usually 'mute' it.

The malls are decorated for Christmas:

The trees hanging in the air (I decided because there is no room on the floor area):

Some things reminded me of people and home:

You remember the whole escalator thing right? How many can you count?

And finally, why I will not be doing much shopping here in Singapore for the holidays:
Unfortunately, I will have to deal with some crowds as I still have some shopping to do. I will try to accomplish it during the week.

I came home very sick. We finally realized I had a touch of heat exhaustion, though if it were a touch I don’t want it all. I was shivering, nauseous, had muscle cramps, horrible headache and stomach problems – and hurt like heck all over. Remember this: if you are out and about, drink plenty of fluids. It is not worth being that sick to have this much fun. I am better today thanks to my hubby who took good care of me and made sure I got rehydrated adequately. Boy was I sick.

Anyway, I do have to shop for Hawaiian clothes. We are having an end of the year get together and the theme is Hawaiian. Does anyone have any suggestions where to get some? Help?


1 comment:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

I'm so glad to hear you will get to go home for Christmas! I know you must be very excited. Miss you.