Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things Keep Changin’

It has been 6 weeks since I moved to Singapore,
It has been 2 years since we really lived in our home.

Relationships change.

True friendships last.

True love never fades.

People pass through our lives

And in doing so they change our life,

Yet we never forget the impact they made on us.

Whether it was good, or it was bad.

The heartstrings are forever embedded in our souls,

Learning from mistakes,

Moving forward is the only way to go.

‘Behind us’ is just where it belongs.

Life is an adventure,

Though some days it simply hurts.

Yet there is anticipation

Of what each day and the future holds.

What person, place, or event

Will suddenly change our perception of the world?

Will it be someone we have never met before?

Or is it someone we already know?

A simple event can turn our life down a different path.

Do we choose the circumstances?

Or do they choose us?

My glass is half full

Today it feels half empty.

Though I know that is not true.

If there is anything that is constant in life

It is that life will constantly be changing.

Where will we be a year from now?

Probably not where we hope we are.

Planning is overrated,

Decisions are understated

Things keep changin’


© Euvah 02 Oct 2008

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Euvah,
I am not sure if this came as a direct result of Singapore but I just wanted you to know I think anyone who reads it will identify with it. Very beautiful words. My favorite line is: Moving forward is the only way to go.
Good for you for doing just that.
Hugs, Debbie

Anonymous said...

You are amazing-as are the guys who hauled anything up 17 flights of stair! I bet those guys love having you there even more than you like being there for them. They are blessed and lucky to have you. Sarah

cajunsis said...

Thanks Debbie. Yeah, some of it is a direct result of Singapore - I am suffering from depression and the longer I am gone from home, the less I hear from family and friends. It is a fact of life, but it still hurts.

Lives keep on twirling and if you are not there to be in the routine of it, you slip away.

I do love the part you do - Moving forward is the only way to go - as well as - Behind us is just where it belongs"

Thanks for your kind words :-)