Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Weekend - Well... Saturday

We went to Singapore Zoo to finish our tour of it. We found out more about our rain forest here in Singapore:
Amazon is the first one, Singapore the second, and New York is the 4th one. I am not sure where Louisiana stacks up in there, but someday I will figure it out.

Anyway, it was definitely elephant day at the zoo:



The elephant show here is amazing. I have never learned so much about an elephant or been as impressed with that THEY can do as I was zoo day.

One elephant gracefully picked up her master's hat and returned it:

He shook her trunk to thank her:


She gave him a kiss:


Then she sprayed him with water when he rubbed it off.


I really don't know why I loved this wooden carving so much, but I tried to get a good picture of her last time. This time, the picture came out better. She is just interesting to me:

And I thought I would give you a break for elephants.
I must say I wondered what this guy was up to:


But I was quite relieved when he was actually using the elephant to get up on her back.

I couldn't believe it when the elephants laid down on the job:

All except on girl that is.

Finally, after some sweet talking she sat down. He told her to lay down, but, she was having none of that and tried to shooo the trainer away:

He finally got her to lay down though:

But one of her sisters came and made her get up:

Poor thing must have been very confused! Do you listen to another elephant or his itsy bitsy trainer?

Elephants are very strong:

Almost as strong as your papa, huh, kids?

It was actually a great show and we loved learning so much about elephants. Did you know some live on the Malaysian Peninsula? Maybe I will have to give up dragon hunting and go elephant hunting...


We went to the Polar Bear exhibit - yes they have them here in Singapore. Here is the moma politely waving for her food:

Here is her son saying GIVE ME MY FOOD NOW!

That was a big darned bear standing up there! Pssst! Someone needs to tell him the north pole is not on the equator. I am not going to be the one to argue with this guy.

Some of the monkeys are cute:

And some have the face only a mother could love - or a female one of this type of monkey. She is supposed to be attracted to the ones with the largest nose. He won hands down.


The birds are always fun to look at - you know me, nature lover!

I thought I would add these for Noelle's love of gentle beasts:

They were innocently just hanging around...

Finally, a reminder to us all:

We fully intended to go to the night safari there as well, but darn that zoo is BIG. We were beat at the end of the day, came home, dropped off our loot, cleaned up and headed to Chiymes to eat. We found a great steak place this week there :-) and it had yummy nachos. We came home stuffed, too tired to wiggle; so we showered and fell into bed blissfully exhausted.

Singapore zoo is the best zoo I have ever been to. I thought New Orleans was good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you that I love your blog-that's all. I just love it. Sarah

Elizabeth said...

I love all the pics. And I even love the one of the **shudder** bats. I love you, me