Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Is In The Air

At least I like to pretend it is. I have read signs at the mall that says "Fall Is In The Air" so I decided I needed to start looking for it. The mall is no where to start, as it has all summer clothes everywhere - quite contradictory of the fall signs with autumn leaves and colors hanging from above.


I found a few colors walking at the ECP Park on Sunday. It is very deceiving to look and see all green - you really must look for fall. Being in the 90's just does not make it feel 'fallish':


Outside, the flowers on the trees defy all indications it is fall:


There are some other interesting trees here...

Root systems that are amazing to look at

Below are Banyan Trees - look them up on the internet - very interesting and plentiful here.
Branches that crisscross and wind about:
More fall color - the 'rust' color of a tree's trunk.

New growth in 'fall'?

Not fall, but surely an interesting... mushroom?



No matter how I slice it, somehow I just cannot wrap my mind around fall colors in summer temperatures, with mango trees and coconut trees full of fruits. Somehow though, it does exist. Since we have no more than a 15 degree variation year round, the only 'fall' here is the falling rain during the monsoon - which we are now entering.
One thing we noticed here, there is no dew. None. Nada. Very odd - and we think due to the lack of temperature variations.

...and finally a different view of the one we see every night. How many 'different' views can one see of the same place? The falling rain gave the indoor stadium a glow we have never seen before. I think it was a misty rain that made it appear like this, but we enjoyed the view once again.


So happy fall, wherever you may be - rain or shine, warm or cool - fall seems to be in the air - at least it says so on the signs in our malls that it has arrived. Therefore I must believe it.

No comments: