Saturday, October 18, 2008

Awesome Tree - What IS it?

Do you ever get tired of my new discoveries and the mysteries of what I find? The day I croak will be the day I don't look for something amazing.

We walked today. We walked from where we live to the East Coast Park - the beginning - and continuted to walk to the other end. We walked from 11am until 4:30pm, just stopping to eat and then stopping again at 360. Then we took at taxi from the end of the park to Kallang to buy 2 potatoes for supper tomorrow night.

While there, we filled out a questionaire and got $40 for doing it. More on that in a minute.

After we left Kallong, we walked the last mile home and rested for a few - then took the guys out to eat. It was a very nice day - and relaxing evening - even though we are beat. Someone needs to tell Mick he is a riot! We will surely miss him.

There is a tree we found in a park I would like identified. Yeah, I know, only I look for dragon's in ditches and at tree bark. Raz me about it later. It is beautiful though. If you know what it is, you will know immediately by seeing it. It is this color from top to bottom. Any ideas? Here are a few pictures of the tree and trunk.

Let me know if you know what it is, or where I can find the answer to my mystery tree.

Now about the survey...
They are looking for American and Europeon Expats - so if you want to earn a not-so-quick $40 - just let me know and I will give you an e-mail address. You can fill it out online she said and they are only looking for 15 people of each. 

It is the Singapore government wanting to know how October inflation has hit us... it is not a short survey, but if you don't mind the time, you get a $40 check when you complete it. Basically you tell them every freaking thing you bought in October, from which stores and how much you spent. Too much brain thought for me, but the $40 might buy some booze to put me out of my misery.

Too tired to write more, but I will later - if we get packed tomorrow. Please take this time and my lack of jabbering (I resemble that remark you just said) to enjoy my colorful tree.

Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

surprisetriplets said...

I love that tree! Can you take a really close up picture of it and email it to me? It would make a great picture for my dining room if we could capture the intensity of each of the colors.

I bet you're excited to visit the great U.S. of A, aren't you? You'll also get to see those wonderful grandkids of yours. I wish I could see you too! I'm glad we got to visit in July.

Have a great day! It's Celine Dion day for me!

Love,Shari

Pam said...

I want the free 40$$ send me the link please! love the tree pics... so pretty!!

LaRaine said...

Hi Cousin! So glad you're enjoying Singapore and I'm enjoying your posts! That beautiful tree looks like the largest Eucalyptus I've ever seen!!! We had some around our townhouse in Honolulu. I used to call then crayola trees until mom told me what they were. I found another photo of the kind with colored bark on wikipedia.com, like one you have pictured here. It's called a Eucalyptus deglupta- native to South East Asia. I probably now sound like a nerd! But, what a gorgeous tree! Thanks for sharing your photos and experiences.