Wednesday, September 3, 2008

With This Bottle...

... more on that story later...

We went to Little India today - what a crazy experience!



I am not used to 'city life' but am being broken in fast. When we got out of the taxi we crossed the street. There was no yield to pedestrians here.

It is more like they step on the gas and try to kill them - a game. That was my adventure for the day - not getting killed!After we graciously crossed the street - we ate at a little place called... well, I don't know. An Indian restaraunt. Will you please tell me the name of it?

I don't know what I ate - but it was BIG. I had it because the other two girls had it to. It was good until I bit into a sandy stone :-( Then I just ate the bread. I don't remember what it was called, but someone can help me with that too... Pam was very strained during lunch and we had no idea what was going on... but after eating we decided to shop - shopping makes all women feel better - at least that is what everyone tells me. I am trying to feel that wonderful feeling, but it has not yet come to me.

We found some beautiful clothes, pillow cases and some kind of shawl. Yeah, I need help with that one too - not sure what they are called either.

Anyway, I saw many beautiful things today.

Pam tried her best to have fun, but you can see the tension on her face here while she was helping Sarah and I find blouses:


Here they are with an Indian lady chatting. The ladys whatever-you-call-it was beautiful. Pam is even upset in this picture.
Still hanging out and oblivious to Pam's pain, we walked around.

Luckily we didn't pee on the streets...
Because we were under survellience.


And we didn't spit either.

Pam fretted the entire time we were out shopping. Finally she fessed up. Yesterday, she had accidently bumped a shelf that had a 10,000 year old, one-of-a-kind, unreplacable piece that the indians of ancient China had made (are there indians in ancient China?). It was an extremely beautiful piece and was hand painted on a Coca Cola bottle. Larry was lucky to have found it on his trip to the Olympics this year. It took them two days to pack it so he could bring it home.

She feels horrible and was so upset she broke it that she totally did not enjoy going out. We looked in all the antique stores in little India for the Chinese bottle, but we never found another even similar. He had hand carried it on the plane because it was so precious. She was broken hearted and we were trying so hard to help her fix her mess by shopping for another. Finally, seeing how distraut Pam was, Sarah and I suggested we go back to her place to try to see if we could do anything to help make life easier while he is trying to bid on another similar one on E-Bay.

... so with this bottle, I hope we salvaged their marriage - it was not from lack of trying if we didn't. She loves him so very much, she just hopes he forgives her, and she promises to look in every ancient village until her dying day to make amends - there must be at least one more out there.

If anyone sees a bottle like the one below, will you please buy it, at any cost, and send it to Larry COD?
I do think we did a fine job of trying to put it back together though. Very many hours of tedious work. Larry, we did our best! And it won't fall off again, because she put a nice big wad of chewing gum on the bottom so it is permanently affixed. Rest assured this is safe now.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Well, Pam was very upset about the breaking of the ancient piece of art that I was able to pull out of China. I was lucky that the customs people did not ask for the certification paperwork, as they would have then be able to place me in a chinese prison of course that would not have been a good phone call back home.
But with the luck I have, there where three great minds that could come together and save this ancient relic. Thanks to you all for saving Pam and her marriage.

Pam said...

That last comment was from Larry =)

Elizabeth said...

Glad that you were able to glue it back together and should I ever come across such a fine piece of artwork, I will certainly buy it! Love you.