Monday, September 8, 2008

Lunch at "The Bark Café"

Steve called and asked me to go to North Changi where he works and eat with him. On the way, I took a couple of pictures. I cannot describe what I see, and unfortunately I am in the back seat of a taxi, so this is the best I can do.

See the flowers overflowing from the overpass?

This is the East Coast Parkway - I love riding along it; we ride along the coast, looking out you can often see the water and the ships. There is a wondeful canopy of trees and beautiful flowers everywhere - the trees included. The traffic is always this bad and yes the taxi driver was driving down the middle of the road. Perfectly normal here - as I have said before.

When I got there, we went to a place near called The Bark Cafe.

Steve got a yummy beef dish with a wonderful gravy - I am sorry I don't know what it is called - I would love to cook it. It looked wonderful.
That is a yummy noodle hanging from his fork - I have no idea what kind, but we have nothing like it in the US. Have I ever said how much I love this man? 31 years and he never gets old to me. I hope this picture brings our kids and grandkids a smile. It is a great picture of him :-)

I am sorry Raelee, I ate Dory.

Here is a dish with broiled Dory (fish), seafood rice covered with mozarella cheese and an interesting salad - it had noodles, cabbage and lettuce. The salad was covered with a sauce very similar to coleslaw. It was a great meal - but of course the company was the best.
No, Raelee is was not really Dory, it is a type of fish called dory - dory fish, cat fish, you know - just a fish!

I left Steve and went to Ikea - do you remember how to say it? lol...

I bought Steve a present - a chair! I hurried and put it together and it is politely sitting there and waiting on his arrival. They didn't have the stool to go with it, so he will just have to settle on the one I have now. When the correct one comes in, I will get the one that belongs with it.
And finally, I wanted you to see our favorite spot here in Singapore. You kids will understand perfectly. Side by side, next to the bbq on our itsy, bitsy, teeny, weenie patio, chatting and loving life :-)
Of course we miss you, but today we are making the best of things.

Jeremy? See my IPOD in the living room? What did I ever do without it? Stephenie suggested we get it the night before I left, and Peggy and her set it up for me. I have no idea how to rearrange the stuff on it - my music and books all play together, but I am sure in time, I will figure that out. Here is the cool sound system I got to listen to it while I am at home. It sounds nice :-)

Today, I am just going to worry about learning more about this life we live.

Tomorrow, off to the 'wet market' again. Oh, and my fridge will be here between 1-4 tomorrow - not today.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think that is a great present for Steve! And how great that he wanted you to come to lunch with him. You two are too sweet together. Did he love his present?

Cajunrose said...

Raelee loved the picture of her papa but wanted to know where Granny was.

The chair looks great...not a recliner though...LOL I'm guessing they don't have many of those there.

Rycon Payne said...

That picture of dad is awesome. I want a hi rez.

surprisetriplets said...

Your picture of Stevie is amazing. It makes him look positively youthful, and that's so hard to do at his advanced age:) Love you both lots, Sis. Keep enjoying your time with your hubby.