Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Really Need To Plan My Days Bettter

I simply MUST figure out how to get my sh** together... rofl...

My day...

Having to do a lot of shopping and ride in a taxi is not fun

I ended up going to Tampines - an area with several stores

I had to shop at two of the stores, Ikea and Giant
I went to Ikea to select some stuff
Set the cart in cart parking area
Went to Giant to compare prices and buy the stuff I chose
Paid out - they deliver over $100 free, I got $250+
Went to the service counter for delivery
They said we can deliver MONDAY
MONDAY!
I was perfectly happy with tomorrow.
"Can not." "Monday."
So here I am with over $250 worth of PAID mdse and no where to put it so I can get my Ikea stuff.
Too much stuff to put in a locker
No they cannot keep it there
I "must take"
I take
Get a taxi
Ride across the island

Man handle what I can of the crap into the basement by myself
Into Lobby 1
Up to the 9th floor
Open the door
Unload it
Go down to the 1st floor
Down one flight of stairs to the guard shack to get the vacuum cleaner I couldn't handle

They ask me if I am ok -or do I need a drink. Shall I sit a minute?
"You look really not well, maybe you drink?"
I say no - but thanks
Up to 9th floor again – vacuum cleaner in hand
Drop it off
Start a load of laundry

Down to 1st level
Go over to lobby 3
Go up to 10 to the apartment
Get a freaking cold drink of water
Call a taxi
Grabbed my Ikea bags
Went down to the 1st
Down a flight of stairs
Took a taxi BACK across the island
Went into Ikea
Wound my way around to refreshment area
Grabbed my parked basket
Went down to 1st
Returned what I ended up buying at Giant to all of the proper places
Waited 25 minutes in line
Paid another $200+
Packed what needed to be packed
Went to the taxi "que"
Waited on a taxi
Came back across the island
Manhandled the stuff to the elevator again
Drug the stuff up to the 9th floor
Reached for the key Remembered I had forgot the key on my table
Went down to the first floor lobby 1
Walked to lobby 3
Up to the 10th floor
Opened my door
Grabbed the key
Locked the door
Down to the first floor
Over to lobby 1
Elevator up to floor 9
Open the damned door
Threw the shit in the door
Started another load of laundry
Unloaded the rest of the crap
Elevator down to the first floor lobby 1
Over to lobby 3
Elevator up to 10th floor to get the freaking laundry softner that I had forgot
Elevator down to the 1st floor
Over to lobby 1
Up to the 9th floor
Open the door
Find the owner there asking questions
I cannot even talk
But he needs Dallas' phone number
So...
I go down to the first floor Lobby 1
Over to lobby 3
Up to the 10th
Open my door
Get my damned phone
Walk out the door
Down to the 1st
Over to the 3rd
Up to the 9th
Give him Dallas' phone number
Unpack more shit
He wants to chatter
Still can't talk
Get out the door to go home FINALLY
One elevator is full of woodworking crap for another apartment
They are trying to get it off…
The other elevator is being 'serviced'
So...
I wait
They have the stuff stuck in the elevators
I wait
And wait
And wait
And climb down 10 flights of stairs to lobby 1
Crawl over to lobby 3
Elevator (thank God!) up to 10
Crawl in the door
Steve comes in
We have an appointment at Kallong Leisure Park
I comb my hair
Grab my keys (all of them), purse and with Steve
Go out the door
Down to lobby 3
Remember I forgot something in the apartment Send STEVE up to get it
Over to lobby 1
Up to 9
Start another load of laundry
Down to 1st
Down flight of stairs
Walk 2 blocks to the foot bridge
Climb a flight of stairs
Walk across the river
Go down a flight of stairs
Walk 1/2 of a mile in the freaking heat
Through the parking lot
You know, over the bridge through the woods type of thing?
Ride up 3 escalators
Sit for 1+ hours trying to rest... eat – mostly panting
Get up Go down 3 escalators
Across the parking lot
Walk to the foot bridge
Up a flight of stairs
Over the foot bridge
Down a flight of stairs
2 blocks to Condo
Up a flight of stairs
To lobby 1
Up to 9
Toss laundry around again
Finish unpacking
Down to 1
Over to lobby 3
Up to 10
Come in the door

And sit typing this insanity while the memories are fresh - While trying to get my heart to slow down enough to rest.

I spent $45 in taxi's money alone today

But with sales and coupons I saved $47 :-(

Nope, I did not plan this day really well… lol…

I may not even get up tomorrow - no planning needed if I stay in bed, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, when you told me that you were going shopping with $500...I DID think of the logistics of carrying it all in the taxi. I figured you had that all worked out. I guess you thought you did till they said Monday. Those guys would have waited till monday for their crap!

Sounds like an exhausting day. I am almost in tears FOR you having to do all of that running around. Dallas needs to pay for you all of that trouble..LOL

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

You need a nice big drink (a good one...not water...haha)...I needed a drink just reading your day. Sorry it sucked.

Love ya!
Melissa D.