Monday, September 29, 2008

East Coast Parkway



I have found my favorite place on the island so far - East Coast Park just off of East Coast Parkway. It is a park that runs along the southeast side of the island and is about 9 miles long that wanders along the beach. It has shelters for bbq'ing, a 'fast lane' for bikers and skaters, and a separate walking track.


We have found a great place to go for entertainment. Of course we eat at our favorite hawker stand first:

One of the vendors near the hawker stand:


Then we check out the newest sandcastle:
Since it rains often here, it is everychanging. I don't know who builds the sand art, but we enjoy seeing it.

We walk along the walkway visiting and enjoying the sights:

We have found another great place to go now. It is called 360 - a cable water ski track. It is a blast to watch everyone playinghere. Steve and Dallas think they should have a team building meeting here - what do you think? Here are some of the pictures I took this weekend:




I have a tree I found that I would love someone to identify for me. If you know what it is, can you let me know?


I took Pam to the walkway today, and I think she might have fallen in love with it too :-) We didn't make it to 360, but we will eventually. It was so relaxing just walking and talking. THEN the rain came. We rode out the worst of the storm (about an hour) under a shelter, then she put a lot of trust in me going through underground walkways to the other side of the highway to find a taxi.


Pam is learning about my antics rather quickly... I am a free spirit; I don't really care if I get lost because I can always get found. I was just on another adventure. Pam will get used to the Euvah adventure and I think she might even have a bit of fun doing it. I must remember her knee though - she had surgery on it recently and I sure don't want to be the cause of her having problems with it. I promise not to take you too far next time Pam. We will just start at our hawker center and go right to 360 - only a few feet away ;-)


Yes, I think it is my favorite area so far. It is very relaxing and enjoyable to just walk along and chat, check out the ships in the sea and giggle at the antics of the little one learning to skate. Bikes for two pass, in line skaters whiz past us and tents dot the beachside. Ahhhh, the life on the island...


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Sounds like a wonderful place! I think I would love it there!