Saturday, August 16, 2008

You Just Don't Know What You are Missing!

We went shopping today to try to work on furnishing our flat. Remember, furnished here is washer, dryer, refrigerator, and microwave. They paid extra for a table, sofa, coffee table, tv, table to set it on a bed and 4 chairs.


The flat was bare. We needed everything from dishes, to end tables. Today, I learned what shopping in Singapore is like:


As we were browsing, we couldn't help but notice the washers:



They were all about as wide as Raelee!


But if you were really wanting a 'do it all' machine, this one is for you: 

Yeah, it washes AND dries your clothes.


Here is a cool fridge:


 
All the drawers are refrigerated on the outside of the fridge! Check out the price :-0



Now here is the one I tried to bargin with Steve for:


Complete with the jeweled handle I deserve:


He said no :'-( 

Everyone in the states LOVES a Dyson!

 
This vacuum cleaner is about the size of a shoe. Well, maybe a boot. See the gray box on the left? That is a covered electrical box. Now you know the size the new Dyson is! 
Oh, yeah, the price. For a boot.

And this is the TV Steve and I got:



NOT! That bottom number is PER MONTH!
 


By this time I was about to have a serious anxiety attack so we went to a more mellow place: to shop for groceries.

I had a bit of trouble even there... white chicken, or black chicken?

Or would we just rather munch on...

The FEET?


And which sushi for lunch?


Awwww, never mind, we went out for a gourmet lunch:
 
Yeah, I don't know what the black stuff is either, but it was thin and slimy. The red stuff? Hotter than HELL! This was AFTER I finished eating. I just might get skinny here!



Yeah, those of you that know me know today was not my day. The taxi ride was the best part - we were going to a place that I could actually decide on: "Home" - where I don't have to use THIS:


Thank God there are a lot of western toilets in Singapore, but it is a shock to open th edoor and see this - a lot of them complete with hoses to wash off.  Ummmm, yeah, shopping in Singapore is an experience. Not a good one. Yet.

But is there ANY shopping a good experience? Not in my book!

5 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Oh man....sounds like an overwhelming experience! What did you buy??

I couldn't imagine peeing in that toilet. I wouldn't be able to I think!

Unknown said...

What is the exchange??

BTW, California rolls are ALWAYS the way to go...Philadelphia rolls are good too. ROFL...do they have the same type we do??

Also, just say no to feet...any kind of feet.

Love ya!!
Melissa

Rycon Payne said...

Hey mom,

I've used those toilets lots of times! Of course, my experience and yours might be a bit different, but hey, you only live once. Can't wait to come over and watch TV on your $88,000 TV :)

Pam said...

Sounds like a crazy overwhelming day...hope today is better! Holler if ya need anything!
Pam

cajunsis said...

Steve says the exchange is 1.4 right now - still learning all of that stuff.

Not sure about the rolls, are we talking about bread rolls, rofl? If so, there are TONS of different kind of breads. Yeah, I say no to the feet too - but darn! There were lots of people buying them. What the heck do they do with them? Are they like tator chips?

Jer bear - mom ain't using that toilet yet. Not until I get a LOT skinnier. I would never get up from the squat position. Not happenin' dude! I will plead age here.

Pam - I am sure that day is coming soon. I have so much to get accomplished here that I need to get it done. I will try to break away later this week and maybe we can try out Cha Cha's. Gotta find it though... mexican in asia... oughta be a treat...