Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today

Today is a down day. I really overloaded yesterday. I wrote a letter to a friend and this is just a tad of it:

Oh, man! Yesterday was overload city! I am still suffering a bit of jetlag, and Steve took me to his office to get started on the process of getting a green card. We left there and headed to Giant in the mall.

What a nightmare! Everyone in the city was there, elbow to elbow. It was late, I was exhausted, tried to find food for supper; found fish everything, dead ducks hanging upside down on rods, fish heads floating in soups, fish and clam shells on top of noodles, and finally settled on a burger king, but even that tasted like something the cats drug in.

Shopping in Giant was an enormous shock. The myriad of odors of durian (?), dead and dried fish, cheeses, and fruits made me gag - so food was not even an option at that point... rofl...

I was so encouraged the first few days; Cold Storage, IKEA... then reality struck!

Steve wants me to get in a cab. I have no idea where to tell them to take me! He said Giant yesterday, then named several asian street names and they took him. I would just be able to say Giant. Period.

Thankfully he copied a piece of map for me to use to get BACK to where I live. Maybe that will help if I ever brave up the taxi deal.

Does it get better? lol...


I am going to show you what keeps me getting through the days:




My hubby had these sitting on the table when I first got here, and I love them. I am here because I need him, I love him and I don't want to be seperated from him. The end.

Today, I am taking it easy, listening to all the construction sounds beneath me and beside me (the condo's we live in are new and they are still working on them), listening to the pile driver nearby (they are building a park for the school across the street) and finally catching a bit of the Olympics - held on my side of the world.

I might even make it to the 13th floor breezeway, to the pool outside and to this odd tree I see from our window.

No comments: