Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My First Day Shopping

And Whew! was I exhausted. I woke to a beautiful sunrise, and looked out my window. Steve pointed out where we needed to go eat - a Subway nearby in the shopping mall! On the way we have to cross a beautiful foot bridge over some very muddy water - but it had fish and turtles in it! Here is the scene walking over the foot bridge:

When we arrived at the mall:

And entering the mall:

Now the grocery section in the mall:
Ok, I have lots of learning to do. lol... there are fruits and veggies I have never heard of! To name a few, Tang Quay, Pumkin Blue, Bang Kwang, and Dragon Fruit. Look at the picture, can you pick out the blue pumkin?



Here is the Passion Fruit:

This picture is for Todd: This is a tiny picture of a long line of olives. They must have a bazillion different types and flavors. You would fall in love the the selection here :-)

Vicky, I even thought of you!

Yes, that is just a tad of the selection of Tofu they have. Lots of different kinds. In fact there is an entire freezer section for vegitarians!

Now for the famous eggs Steve and Pam told me about:
Sold on shelves in little plastic conainers!


The milk:
Likewise, unrefrigerated and on shelves. Now in all fairness there IS refrigerated milk, but just a tiny bit. Most is on the grocery shelf nearby.


This is for all you fish lovers :-)


Yes, those are itsy-bitsy-teeny-weenie shrimp in there... EWWWEEE!


And what the heck? Classic French Dressing? Ummm... no? Isn't French ORANGE?

We went to Chijmes (chimes) http://www.visitsingapore.com/publish/stbportal/en/home/what_to_see/landmarks_and_memorials/chijmes.htmlfor supper and ate a yummy pizza. As Steve and Dallas chatted after supper, I am sure they were amused as I rolled my eyes from exhaustion, but I desperately tried to stay awake. Finally I gave up and said let's go. We quickly found a taxi and came 'home' and I crashed at 10pm ending my first big day.

I am told today will be much worse. Yay. lol... I am supposed to get one day for every hour of change to adjust, right MoLo? That should be 2 weeks!
I don't think the guys are going to let that happen :-(
Jeremy and I worked on the phone today. I want to talk to everyone, but we are having technical difficulties. I can see Jer bear calling but I have no phone that works. I think I have to buy an asian phone to chat. I will try to do that after I shop and clean. Do I ask for asian speaking phone?
Later gator!




3 comments:

Cajunrose said...

I have been waiting on a post from you all afternoon!

Sounds like a fun adventure! Unrefrigerated eggs and milk...odd! You'll have to tell us how they are.
(((hugs)))

stefani said...

I have never seen a store so nice, neat and clean. Looks like a wonderful place to shop.

However I don't know how I would feel about the milk and eggs. Actually I do know, I would be way TOO afraid to buy any. Well the milk anyways. The eggs I think would be fine. Were you given a reason why they are not refrigerated?

Alex said...

Hey! That isn't passion fruit :) That's dragon fruit! Shoulda grabbed one ;)