Monday, August 4, 2008

Eastern Washington

I can't get over how different east central Washington is. No matter how I try to wrap my mind around it, it never seems to penetrate that it is indeed the same state that I love so much on the Western side.

This morning we started off seeing Steve's aunt, uncle and cousin. We had a great visit eating breakfast with them at Denny's. It is always nice to see them and I appreciate them driving to us.


After leaving them, we went to see Stampede Pass. It is so pretty to look up high and see the horses running across the hill. Later, in the paper, we read this pass is only half finished. The artist envisioned double the amount of horses running across the hill, with the horses spilling out of a 'basket' seemingly being let free by the great indian spirit. Lack of funds has not fulfilled his dream, but he continues to dream. Isn't it pretty?

Finally we went to the Grand Coulee Dam. It is a guy thing - again. I am unimpressed with the power it holds. I am amazed that water can create the power - but I just don't need to know the logistics of how it happens. The lazer light show that night was... well, not the best I had been to, but it was historical and I did learn a lot.
My picture of the day is the eagle with the starburst. I love trying to capture them and seem to be getting much better at them.


Last but not least, have I said how wonderful this vacation has been? I think we all needed a 'sisters' vacation. Can you tell how relaxed we all are? I truly enjoyed being with them again - as adults together. Maybe next time we will be able to add Danny to the mix. It is so healing to be 'family' again - together without the pressures of where we began. Sisters of the heart - we have truly found our love for each other. Lots of laughs and hugs - a treasure of wonderful memories to embrace.

No comments: