Friday, August 15, 2008

Can It Get Any Better Than This?

This afternoon went to the Changi (Chang-ee) Beach Club tonight for a going away party for someone leaving Singapore. Steve took a taxi from work to the flat to change clothes and we hopped into another taxi and went to the party - arriving just as it was breaking up. Well, just as the younger kids hit the road to go to their own party.

We sat with some of the other employees visiting on a covered deck over the bay that had a nice breeze crossing it. It was so relaxing. Of course, I only had my point and shoot camera, but while enjoying the view I got some great shots. If I had my good camera - oh man!

Here is a couple just off of our deck posing for wedding pictures. It is fun seeing it from the other end of the lens :-)


Just beyond them was a coconut tree - don't worry, I don't go near them!


While the guys were eating...




I was looking at the sunset:



When we left Katherina took us to a temple, but more on that later. After that, she dropped us off at the indoor stadium to eat outdoors ;-)


Here we are using our new dining utensils. Steve is much better than I am:


But I will get there with lots of practice


But I picked up and held a peanut all the way to my mouth! GO ME!

The waiter on us had mercy and gave us a fork and knife. He thought there was a good possibility we would starve to death!


Steve is such a neat eater - but in all honesty, how do you eat major peppered crab still in the shell? They girls kept coming by with tongs picking up pieces of his mess - oh and the waiter or girls were constantly changing his messy plate for a nice neat one - for him to make messy again! It was so funny!

1 comment:

Rycon Payne said...

You both look so happy, and it's so beautiful there! Mom, I love that shirt on you :)