Thursday, July 3, 2008

We Have An Apartment!

Our apartment will be ready on July 15th. Again. If things go as planned...

Here is a linky: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/riveredge.htm

We are in building 2 or 3, he can't remember, but it is close.

COOL CUCUMBERS!

10th floor - with a floor plan similar to this:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/riveredge/floorplan_typea3.jpg

Not much playing room, but adequate for just the two of us.

"The lift (elevator) that leads to this apartment also goes to the sky terrace on the 13th floor."
He said the sky terrace has a playground for kids and will have plants and such on it. The apartment complex is brand new, so they are still in the process of completing it.

See our bomb shelter? (the thick walled room leading to the ‘yard’?) Lol… this is a tornado room to me :-)


Today he remembered to tell me it does not come furnished with an oven. How funny! I sure do take a lot for granted :-)

He rented it furnished, one room a bedroom, the other room an office, he thinks it will have a sofa, chair and table and chairs. The whole 'furnished' thing is quite different than it is here. Furnished there means a refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer. He has requested and paid more for the rest of the furniture.

One side of the apartment overlooks the trees looking toward the ocean (which he says we can barely see), the balcony over looks the indoor stadium. Gosh I hope I remembered this all right.

The coolest part was when I pulled it up on google map – then clicked Satellite:
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS254US254&q=21+Sampan+Place+singapore&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
Click out two minus’ signs on that link… pretty neat!


Click out a few more and see the ocean!

The diamond on the bottom left hand corner is the Indoor Stadium.
http://www.sis.gov.sg/

He says there is a foot bridge across the river from where our apartment is to a mall within walking distance. It is the building just east of the indoor stadium and just south of the National Stadium. (I think between the car park and the stadium walk?). The mall has a nice grocery store in the basement.

The part I am most excited about? Well, beside being with Steve silly! I am excited we will have a balcony. He said we will get a table and bbq pit to put out there! YAY! That is what we missed most in Tulsa.

I am all good. Now I can get just a little excited now… :D

1 comment:

Mary Sunshine said...

I love the idea of having a blog. HOw did you set it up? I haven't been reading all the emails from our group so I'm not sure why you're moving. But I'm sure you will make the most of it and get some really GREAT pictures to share! Love you, Mary Collins