Friday, August 1, 2008

On The Road To Monitor



 
I woke up this morning to an incredible sunrise from my sister's window with Mt Baker peeking through the clouds. The sun was shining on the mountain, and it was so beautiful.






We gathered the kids up and took off for Monitor, to my sisters’ father-in-law’s house. On the way we found a salmon hatchery. We stood in amazement watching the hundreds of salmon in the water.

 
I felt sorry for this not-so-little guy as he seemed to be injured and swam off by himself, I hope to heal, but then...



It was disheartening to find out that they are eventually used for cat food, but it was interesting to see the fish that close - even if they are going to be cat food.



 
I found a cute little barn on the way out of the hatchery. With the yellow flowers blooming in the field around it, it was a pretty picture. 


 
After leaving the hatchery, we found a nice little nook with a picnic table next to a flowing rocky stream to eat our sandwiches, then we went to Deception Falls; a waterfall of 60 ft into a thundering mass of colliding water bouncing from boulder to boulder. 


 
I love taking pictures of odd things. I found this staircase on our hike around Deception Falls. This was my odd picture for the day.




Last but not least, I have finally found another swing as loved as ours. This swing is our nephew and niece’s swing at their grandfather's house. It was blowing in the wind and I thought this was an fun picture to take. Looking at it now, I realize on the left is the apricot tree, to the right of it are the tomato plants, straight out (see the little tree?) is the “one peach” tree, below are the apple and cherry trees in the orchards, and at my feet are blueberry bushes. Isn’t that amazing?

No comments: