Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shame on Me!

What I am working with now....



 
Tubs I started with - FULL!

Just a few left :-)

I have put off sorting these pictures for years. We used to have drawers under our bed (think waterbed style - with no waterbed) and I had 3 drawers of pictures. When we got a new bedroom suit, I pulled them out of the drawers and piled them neatly in plastic containers. At that time they were sorted. Then I had to dig through them periodically to find one set of pictures and then another... you get the idea. Evenually I got to this mess - to which I tossed in the new ones.


Now I have 'punished' myself until I get this mess sorted. 2 days ago (when my arms were too sore to move) I thought about doing it in boxes with years on them. WOW! What a CONCEPT! This has made my chore so much easier!


I should be finished by today - God willing and the creek don't rise. I will be so glad to have this out from under my belt. One more thing to scratch off my list of things to do.

I have even made envelopes with pictures I need to give away. When I come back, I will go through each box and toss some away, give others away, then either scrap or put them in albums.

Please, please, don't let your pictures get like this!

Ahhhhh, but the memories of where we have been... the heart strings of those people we have left behind... and the ones we have stayed with. 

How we have all changed, grown and ....

... gotten older.

1 comment:

Kim's Life said...

Wow, you've got yourself a challenge!!! But it's always fun to look at the pictures & re-live great moments!