Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Good News and Bad News

This is for real. Steve and I have been waiting on our transfer orders since they closed the Berwick shop.

The good news is we know where we will be working now.
The bad news it is Singapore – for at least the rest of this year.

The good news is I will finally be able to… travel?
The bad news is I will be gone and my family (and friends) will still be here.

The good news is I will be able to go with him.
The bad news is I can’t go for 2+ months – prior commitments.

The good news is he will be paid out of the US so we won’t have to sell our house yet – and it won’t mess up our retirement.
The bad news is what do we do with our house and/or belongings while we are there?

The good news is they use public transportation there.
The bad news is figuring out what to do with our vehicles here while we are there.

The good news is the company will be paying some of our living expenses there.
The bad news is we will not be living here but still paying our living expenses here to keep the house running.

The good news is we will not be here during the worst part of hurricane season.
The bad news is we will be a bazillion miles away if anything does happen this way. (I couldn’t find the real distance).

The good news is I am still absorbing it all and it has not sunk in yet.
The bad news is I am sure it WILL sink in… lol…

Hugs,
Euvah *who is doing her best to suck it up and think of it as an adventure. Not working. Yet.

No comments: