Friday, June 27, 2008

NINE shots!




Well actually, I had 10 innoculations today, but thankfully, only 9 needles. 'Thankfully', used as a tongue in cheek statement. However, I guess I can say that thankfully I did not get TEN. I got 8 shots in my arms and 1 in my backside.
This is my first round of innoculations against every creepy crawly around apparently. As I was so graciously paying my $605 fee, a man behind me (staring at my pin cushions... errr... arms) said "I only had to have TWO and I am going to Africa! Where are you going??" To which I replied, "Singapore and Korea". He snickered and said, "Oh yes, those were my shots from several years ago. Asia has ALL the creepy crawlies. Good luck sleeping tonight - Asia shots were rough for me."

Thanks buddy for the vote of comfort.

I had just recieved a 30 minute "instruction speech" from "Dr Bob", whoever the heck HE is. He read me the riot act of what TO do and what NOT to do - and how to be prepared if I got the flu. He said to assume it IS the bird flu and demand the magic potion to cure me - it was better to be safe than sorry. He also advised me on the 'coat of spray armour' (special repellent) they sell at Wal Mart for protecting clothes (?!) from mosquitoes with strict instructions to be buy it and USE it. It is bought. I feel safe. haha.

And as I politely walked out of "Dr Bob's" office, he followed me with his printed stack of 14 pages of what I need to read and memorize before departing our great country. He also reminded me of the follow-up boosters I will need to take in 1 week and 5 weeks.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

No comments: