Saturday, June 28, 2008

Much Better Today :-)

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I feel much better today than I did yesterday. I am tired already, but that is probably normal.

I am working through paperwork to take to Singapore and trying to get all of my bills moved over to bill pay. I hope it all works out. I won't have the mail forwarded, but I need to have everything in place to be able to pay everything on line.

Steve called a bit ago. Dallas and him have been looking for an apartment. Dallas will probably get one in the same place we do. All of the non-furnished ones they looked at today were between S$4000 - S$4600 a month! The S in front of the money means Sing Dollars - which is more than our dollars. 

One sing dollar compares to 73 cents here. So I guess that means prices there would be 25% (roughly) more. YIKES!!

Steve and Dallas went to eat supper tonight. He said each got a rack of ribs and 2 beers - for a total of S$133.00 

Gosh, sounds like a lot of money. Are we spoiled here or are they overcharging there? Probably a bit of both...

2 comments:

Kim's Life said...

I hope your arm & the rest of your body get to feeling better! I don't envy your shots at all!!! I'm jealous...I would love to go to Korea. My daughter is there right now. She is in the military (Army). Thanks for signing my guest book! Have a great day!

Sandy said...

I know it is a lot of preparation, but this will be one of the defining experiences in your life, I am sure of it! All the scenery and people and food... wow!

I do hope your soreness moves through quickly and you are able to relax soon. :)