Thursday, June 19, 2008

Learning Asian Countries

Well, since I am going to be living there, I decided I need to know the countries surrounding me. I went online and got a map to give myself a test. Whew! Did I need work! I started out with 48 of 96, but after much practice, I just got 93 of 96! I might get this yet! I took the test about 10 times and tomorrow - I am going to ACE it! lol... what a goal!

Here is a link in case you want to try:
http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/asiaquiz.html

If you take the asiaquiz.html off, you can get a chance to try all the different countries of the world! Yeah... I will try that SOMEday. I need to figure out where I am going to be living for now.

Steve and I had some great news today! He went for a chest/lung CAT scan with/without contrast and WHOOO HOOOO! Very little signs of Emphysema - and they said it was so little, the considered it a 'normal' CAT scan! 40 years of smoking and after 6 months NOT smoking he is LOOKING GOOD! I am so darned proud of those results it is crazy! He is going to be with me a very long time :-)

Except... I almost killed him today. See that safe above? We went and got this huge 850 lb safe to store some important things while we are overseas. While offloading it from the truck, I was scared to death it would fall, so, I had the cell phone in my pocket just in case. Thankfullly it didn't. Two women even stopped walking to come ask us if we needed help. We did, but said no thanks. We needed 4 good sized men. We had us. We left after we (him and I) got it off the truck - yeah THAT was fun. While we were gone, I put the cell phone in my purse.

We came back, and were in the process of taking it off the pallet and lo and behold the pallet broke. THE SAFE FELL ON HIM! He was on his knees working with the pallet, and saw it coming. Thank GOD he thinks quickly, because he turned for it to fall on his back. 850 freaking pounds on him and I had to manhandle it with no phone, no way to let go, nothing in reach to help me prop it so it didn't fall more - and no way to pick it up.

God gave me the strength to lift it enough for him to help, because there is no way I could have done it myself. I am SO thankful we made it through that incident to get that good news phone call.
It could have been SO much worse! I can just see me calling 911 and telling them my husband is a pancake - he has a safe on top of him - send LOTS of people :-( Thankfully that did not happen. Gosh, it was so terrifying!

God is with us - watching over us and giving us blessings. I will take that as a good sign.

1 comment:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

So glad neither of you were hurt! Great news on your DH's test results... wish Bryan would quit smoking.