Monday, June 30, 2008

Girls' night in...

Today I feel like I got a lot accomplished, but I cannot seem to find out what. I did get the deadbolts put in the doors and that was surely turned into a job. I hired a locksmith out to get the job done, but I realized I could change one deadbolt by myself - after all the door was already drilled for a latch one. So I ran to THAT store and got the right deadbolt, came home and swapped it out. Then I decided to put the old one in another door, and the door knob from door number two in door number three. Then the door knob in number 3 went in the trash - with only two extra screws. Yes, N, I know where the extra parts go. I actually started a drawer for that, ya know? You are right! How do I get myself into these situations? My molehills keep turning into mountains! My locksmith added two deadbolts and I changed 3 doorknobs.

Raelee and I needed some time together. I don't think we have had much time since the boys were here and papa left. So I asked her if she would like to spend the night. It just so happened she was excited about the idea. So...

She scrapbooked these pages with granny...




I did her weekly manicure (she is in to PATT-a-renz now)
...and boy is she in to some colors! I think her Joe is going to dunk tomorrow!

We read piles of books, and I do mean piles. I did not take a picture of them because it might scare the average person away :-) Library day is tomorrow, so we had 9 to read. However, it is after we read those 9 and a few more that she told me she had already read some of them. Maybe granny should have asked before, but we had a giggly good night reading, scrapping and manacuring. We were flat out laughing at her choice of colors.

And finally at midnight, she went to bed - on papa's side of the bed! Then she came in quiet and sad and said "I need to sleep in my bed." I asked her why and she said she was afraid I would push her out of bed! I have never done that and told her she was thinking of the wrong grandma (hehe), there IS a story here. She thought about it a minute and said, "I just need to sleep in my bed." When she asked for more covers, she asked for her mom's unicorn blanket. I have no earthly idea where that is right now, so she said, "ok, with papa's blanket."

After we got her all snuggled in, I realized she missed her papa and sleeping on his side of the bed is not as fun if he is not there to bicker with her. I went back in and told her I was going to take a picture of her to send to her papa with his blanket and her eyes lit up - so her she is papa :-) Missing you but cuddled in your blanket. We both miss you.

No comments: