Sunday, April 27, 2008

MOOoooooo!



We went out to the ranch to pick up the t-bird and drove around a bit before we went to the barn to get it. I loved watching all the calves trying tofigure out what the Dodge Magnum was - they are used to a pickup bringing the feed out and this was a different food source - or so they thought.  They weren't too happy to find out we didn't have food.

Anyway, lots of calves to enjoy - they are so inquisitive. I love being around them. They try to brave up to come to you, but are so skittish the slightest move scares them. They are so cute and funny!

On the way out there, I saw a solar panel in the middle of a field and asked Rod what it was for. It was actually rather small - about 4 feet tall and 3feet wide, and seemingly out in the middle of nowhere. The reason we went to the pasture? To show me that the solar panel was actually a power source for a pump to pull water from an underground well into the big water vat for the cattle to drink out of!  I ask too many questions but Rod loves to show me the answers.

I love going out here and we have enjoyed being with them so much - I am glad we have had time to share with them this year.

1 comment:

stefani said...

Moooooo!

I like saying Moo to the Moo Moo's too! ;)

That is interesting about the solar panel in the middle of the field.