Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Let's Face It...





I am gone from Morgan City. I have been gone for over a year now and been home for a month. My friends have moved on. I understand - everyone has a life. But if you cannot have 5 minutes to call a friend or a hour to go to lunch, then are they truly your friend? I am always the one making the calls. This week, I have been a good little 'do bee' and I am not making one call to anyone. Steve is out of town, everyone knows he is, he has lost his cell and has limited calling abilities - and how many calls from friends have I recieved? ZERO!! I refuse to call anyone and beg for their friendship - I don't need one sided friendships and I don't understand why it is so darned hard to pick up a phone and say hi if I am your friend. Like I said - I may be in Morgan City - but I am gone.

Steph calls me - to remind me to pick up Raelee, to tell me what night would be a good night to cook for them, to ask me to work with her at work to finish projects that need to be done, to tell me they are going to ball games and to ask for help rearranging her house. NOT to call to see if I am ok or what is going on in my day. Granted nothing IS going on, but do I matter to anyone here? When I found out Steph was upset Steve thought I might go to Tulsa with him, Steph even reminded me that she managed without me for a year - she can manage some more. Yeah, that felt good. I know it is has been difficult for us to be gone for them - but has it been any LESS difficult to us?

I have been walking, gardening and doing work on the house - painting, organizing and staying busy. I have watched too much tv, walked 'til I am blue in the face and still miss the heck out of having any social life at all. Steve is not planning on coming home this weekend (Steph pointed out to him I didn't want to go all that way and she needed me here on Monday), so I will just drive up there later next week - I have to go anyway. My brother is getting married there on the 5th of May and Steve is leaving from here on the 3rd of May to go to Korea. I will be driving up there in time for him to drive back here to catch the plane out. I won't even see him much. I would have enjoyed a bit more time with him.

Ok, I am off my pity party. Life twirls and I am gonna let it twirl. At least I know I am needed. I should not feel so bad about not having friends left when I came home - I have family and I CAN call them if I am in a bind, right?

This morning I was out playing with my camera. I have a LONG way to go, but have you really looked at flowers? I took these pictures this morning and just looked at them in amazement. God is so good to us and we seldom notice his gifts. Here's to you God - thank you for this beauty - and thank you for my family.

No comments: