Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Caturtle is at it Again :-)

How cute is it that Cali attacks Lady from under her bed? She is so funny! Lady cannot see well, and when she puts her head up, all she sees is Cali's bed but the sneaky litte rat is hiding under it! Lady gets so confused!
Well, almost 2 weeks has passed and we have yet to hear from Steve's Dr about his lab work from his colonoscopy - so no news is good news is my theory. I bet he is just fine.

He is starting to weird me out some, he came home late tonight from work and started talking about life insurance for after he retires. Planning is a good thing, but he has quit smoking, cut considerably back on his drinking and now he is talking retiring, insurance and what to do after he retires... how odd to hear him voicing all of this. I wonder what is going on - or if this is all normal...

Today was a lonely day. Not a bad day, just lonely. Lady and I kept each other company - she sits at my feet no matter how often I move. She is feeling better, but I too think she is as ready and Cali and I are to get back home so we can all get outside. Every time I mention going home, Steve says thank you for being here. Man does he know how to guilt me ;-)
I am excited about one thing something, WHOO HOOO! I called John Dee and asked him if I could come see him in two weeks - he was excited! I cannot wait to see him! We have not been together for years and only for a short time then. Wow, are we going to be able to catch up! I am booking a room at the hotel down the road from him for one night and Liz and I will go together to see him. It will be fun to visit. I cannot believe how lives can go so seperate that a 'brother' gets lost in the midst of every day things. When I called, he answered the phone with "Why?" I said "Because I love you!" He said, "When?" I said "in two weeks!" He said "HUH?" roflmao!

They are predicting ice on Wednesday. Unfortunately, that will slow Steve's progress on setting up his unit to test. He is leaving tomorrow at 5:45 for work. Today he left at 6:30am and came in at 9:30pm. His days are long with work, mine are long with boredom. He had already eaten when he came in so we didn't even do that together. When he crawled into bed he was snoring in 3 minutes flat...

Maybe I will go out tomorrow. There is a picture I would like to take - wish there was someone to go with me. I get the heeby jeebies going out alone. Too many women are getting robbed in parking lots here. Maybe I will stay 'home'... rofl...

No comments: